Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An EVE Mail I Just Recieved

Title: an idea

2009.04.28 14:08
Religion in EVE?

Well, that sounds weird when you first hear it, doesn't it? But the more I think about it, the more I think that this is a great idea.

First you should forget what you consider as religion. For I am not talking about something that makes you believe stuff that you don’t want to. Or “do goody good”-religion.

No. What I mean is massive space religions, with bloody sacrifices to gods whom are merciless rulers of the galaxy, and religious leaders who have more power than those who lead the Empires. And all this run by players.

Religion made as everyday as checking the prices in the market. When starting to your daily tasks, you would first make a sacrifice, before going to war, or mining, or whatever. Immense sacrifices made by alliances to guarantee victory over one another, and of course religious wars.

This would be never seen before in any other game, and it would bring totally new politics to the Eve-universe.
Yours,
Lady D
My question to Lady D is, how is this different from Alliances already?

2 comments:

  1. believing in god is different than being in a club. don't get me wrong, i love my scumbag pals, but you can really get some brainwashing done with religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting idea, but it could be a bit too complicated to implement.

    ReplyDelete